Facilities Management Today
Facilities are some of today’s most underappreciated professionals. They are the unsung heroes of almost every industry that literally keep the lights on. They work hard to make sure that the underlying infrastructure can support everyone.
Yet with all of this importance, Facilities Managers are constantly finding their budgets cut and their responsibilities increasing. They are being asked to take their dollars and stretch them further than ever. So how is the modern manager doing it? Through asset management, like ManagerPlus, the #1 Asset Management Solution.
Why Investing in Asset Management is Crucial
If all a manager had to deal with was repairing a few assets, they might be able to do everything by hand. Simple repairs could be done when someone noticed a breakdown. But, we no longer live in the 1950’s, and much more is expected of a modern facilities manager.
Today, they are expected to manage hundreds (even thousands) of assets. It is no longer enough to repair them after the break down. They are responsible for fire extinguishers, elevators, plumbing, HVAC, and many other systems that are increasingly complex and vital to a business’ operations. That’s why Asset Management programs or software is no longer optional.
On the highest level, an asset management platform is important because it helps take human error out of the equation of facilities management. It can eliminate the need for memory and paper records. It can also radically improve performance and efficiency in all aspects of daily operations.
Benefits of a Powerful Asset Management Platform
An asset management platform like ManagerPlus can help you see meaningful improvements in your Facilities management program by providing the following benefits:
- Automatic Scheduled Maintenance. If you know that you’ll need to inspect the fire extinguishers once a year, you can schedule it and then forget about it. When the date comes around, you’ll be informed that it needs to happen. Anything that occurs on a schedule can be automated. These schedules can be based on calendar dates, hours of service, or even internal logs based on other factors.
- Asset organization. All of your assets can be organized according to a number of different factors, including security clearance, location, classification, type, and relationship to other assets. See this blog post for more information.
- Mobile Access. Rather than always needing to return to a central office or computer, you can access your assigned work from anywhere with a mobile app. This reduces the time wasted in between work. It also allows you to check in on asset details while you are on the go, without needing to check back in with the computer. You can record work orders, perform inspections, and make work requests from anywhere.
- Increase Reliability. Facilities that are maintained proactively through preventive and predictive maintenance schedules break down far less often than those that rely only on reactive maintenance. Keep your facilities up and running, and perform maintenance on your
- Advanced Data Analytics. Use reporting and real-time dashboards to know exactly where you stand with your facilities. Our Business Intelligence (Bi) plugin ensures that you’ll have the insight and details you need to understand daily operations like never before.
- Improved Communication. With Request Management, you can better communicate with your business. Whether its guests in a hotel or operators of fixed assets, an asset management platform with Request Management can provide the direct connection you need to make sure that everyone is heard.
- Better Employee Scheduling. White boards with work schedules are prone to errors. The ManagerPlus Employee planning board allows you to schedule your work orders and inspections in an easy-to-use interface. Once you hit publish, your employees can access their schedules from their mobile devices, as well receive notifications about changes to their schedules.
- Inventory Management. Good asset management includes managing the inventory used to maintain those assets. Whether it’s fire extinguishers, air filters, or spare light bulbs, you need to make sure that you’ve got the inventory to get the job done right.
- Work History Documentation. Asset management can ensure that you always have an accurate history of the work that is done. This is great for compliance and regulations, as well as for employee and department accountability.
- Integration with other software. Your asset management platform should be the center point for your maintenance operations. This means that you need the ability to connect other software applications to it. ManagerPlus brings all of your other business applications together in one place through its API and Connectors.
What is holding you back?
Purchasing and integrating this asset management solution can seem daunting, but the investment is well worth it to your bottom line. ManagerPlus is the #1 Asset Management Solution. It can increase your productivity and will allow you to do more work with less money. At this point, the real question is: can you afford to manage your facility without an asset management platform? Give us a call and let us show you how ManagerPlus can transform your facilities management today.